Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Parking

Are there times when you get disproportionately angry about something that doesn’t really matter? It happens with me in the car all the time. For example, this morning as I was pulling in to the parking garage at my office, a lady in a black Pontiac was wandering aimlessly looking for a parking place and was blocking part of the garage that I needed to turn into. Then, she drove down a parallel lane and pulled in front of me at a break in the lanes just as I was getting to the parking area where I always park. I got all pissed off for a minute or so wondering how she DARED drive in front of me in MY PARKING GARAGE. Who did she think she was? Of course at the time, I just barked in the car, “What in the fuck do you think you’re doing?”

She parked, and I drove past her and parked in my usual spot. The whole occurrence slowed me down by maybe two seconds. As I was getting out of my car, I thought to myself, that was a bit of an overreaction, wasn’t it. Was it really necessary that I get all bent out of shape just because some random person wasn’t following what I perceived to be proper protocol in the garage?

Yes. It was. Bitch.

No comments: